Tuesday, August 26, 2008

I'd be embarrassed, but instead I'm just bored

     Mark Warner fan here. Did a ton for the Old Dominion, is charismatic (really!) in person and at moderate-sized rallies. 
     But I sense his limitations, and I've been shaking my head over the DNC's decision to have him give the keynote. After all, he's a "coalition" guy. King of compromise. Everyone settle down, play nice.
     Last thing the convention needs is Mr. Niceguy. And my God did he bomb tonight. 
     I mean, what the hell? Did no one tell him it's a Democratic gathering? Whose purpose is not to hypnotize but rather galvanize the base? 
     Why is he so tentatively toeing the middle? Do they not realize that the Appalachian "country folk" (invariably a pejorative uttered by pundits) aren't tuned in to this fucking snoozefest?

     No passion. No frenzy. No climax. 
     No way we're going to win over voters if we can't even keep ourselves awake and attentive.
     Come on, Hillary. Come on, Joe. Inject some juice into this thing. 
     M says he wants to see Bobby Kennedy, piss and vinegar, a real fight. It's not here. Not yet. 
     Come one, Hill. Come on, Joe. Come on, Barack. Earn it! 
     Chelsea 2020.

No comments:

 

Free Hit Counters
Buy.com Promotion Codes