Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Items

  1. Love me some Joe Biden. Super speech. Preaching to the choir, of course, but still. The cutaways of his mom killed me. 
  2. I missed Bill Clinton's speech (was in novel workshop tonight, fighting through a sudden-onset allergy attack, Biblical in scale and... thrust... and consequently graphic, gross and humiliating) but I gather he done good.
  3. Can't get enough of Barack and Michelle. I am so sold. 
  4. Off to Georgia tomorrow to meet our new baby nephew/cousin for the first time. It's been a long time since I've cuddled a month-old baby. I don't think I have any hormone-making equipment left, and yet just thinking about how that baby head will smell sends my pulse racing. Yummy baby.
  5. Felt pretty good today until about 5:00, when I started to hit the wall. I took a couple of Advil just before class (should have taken a Claritin and a sheaf of Kleenex). I hesitate to take codeine or opiate pain medication just now, since it obscures symptoms and creates other problems. Staying in touch with how I'm feeling, physically, dictates that I monitor pain -- circumstances, frequency, intensity, duration, quality (i.e. stabbing, dull, aching, localized, etc.). Anyway, the Advil took about an hour to kick in, but by that time I was sufficiently distracted by the explosive sneezing disaster, as was the rest of the class, so I didn't really notice how crummy I felt otherwise.
Will make more posts from Baby Central, unless I don't. Next week: Kindergarten madness!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have a great trip. MMM. Babies are lovely.

 

Free Hit Counters
Buy.com Promotion Codes