Thursday, November 13, 2008

New plan

     I had a good appointment with Dr. J today. Good in that he was all, Sure, let's try that! Sounds good! I told him I thought the blood counts crashing a few weeks ago was an anomaly and he agreed to an accelerated chemo schedule. Instead of every other week, we're going for three weeks on, one week off (which apparently is the protocol for Topo Gigio). Cutting back on the Decadron (steroid) to try to smooth out my crazies. And the physical exam was OK, i.e. soft, smooth belly, no apparent -- what? -- lumps? Yik. Anyway, I am more confident when we're aggressive.
     I'm still in pretty persistent pain but my outlook is more hopeful. And I got a swell birthday card from A today, with drawings and declarations of love for Mama. And a cool, original Modern Library edition of Absalom, Absalom! from my sweetheart M, an appropriately Southern gothic choice under the circumstances. And cards and calls and treats from friends and family. Nice day.

No comments:

 

Free Hit Counters
Buy.com Promotion Codes