Tuesday, November 4, 2008

So proud!

     It's raining and chilly in our Virginia town this morning, but the voting lines are long. M took A to our polling place at 6:15, and they were done by 7:30. M said the people in line were upbeat and excited, and that A was so well-behaved that people commented on her composure. 
     I expect the wait to extend throughout the day, so I'll walk up the street as early as I can after a 10:15 business call. There's a Starbucks on the corner where I'll wait in yet another line to claim my free cup of coffee. 
     I go all weak-kneed over the displays of patriotism and love of democracy that come out, despite the ugliness, on election day. Very moving, very inspiring.
     Very determined to send McPalin back to Arilaska.
     VOTE!

No comments:

 

Free Hit Counters
Buy.com Promotion Codes