Saturday, December 27, 2008

     Rough week, physically; fentanyl has already lost its magic -- the infusion nurse says my previous use of it probably has something to do with the speedy resistance -- and it's getting harder to eat. Pain is pretty constant, a matter of degrees. 
     Christmas was nice, although we never did finish decorating that damn tree. Hopie and Andy were with us. Santa brought a microphone for A. Lots of books all around. 
     I'm waking up at night, twirling. Worried about everything, but specifically:
  • Getting sicker, and options narrowing
  • Finances -- if I'm unable to continue with school in a few weeks, I'll lose my stipend, and then what?
  • How my increasing reliance on bed is affecting A
  • The mounting pressure on M
     A is tucked in, and I'm going to try to watch a movie with M. The treatment I had on Friday has put me under the clouds the last couple of days, so this will be a test of attention. I hope it's a good flick.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope so too, dear E. The thing is, you have all that love around you, and I think that will do what you need it to, when you need it. Much love, Lily

E. said...

Thanks, sweet Lily. The film was good! "Starting Out In The Evening." Right up my ally: quiet, emotionally complex, odd little moments between characters -- it reminded me, as do all beautifully done stories, that it's particularity of character, not "plot," that captures readers in that fictive dream.

And yes, you're right. Love all around.
xo
E.

 

Free Hit Counters
Buy.com Promotion Codes