Friday, December 5, 2008

What were we thinking?

     Off to Week Three of the new chemo regimen, and hoping my blood counts aren't too shot to get the medicine. M is taking me to the infusion center, and my friend Amy will meet us there and hang out with me so M can run a thousand errands. His brother is flying in this afternoon to surprise their father for his seventieth birthday, and for the sake of ease, we somehow planned to have dinner here tonight. M has made a birthday cake and hired Chef Bill to whip up a fabulous dinner... but M still has to run to the airport to pick up his brother, pick up the food, get the table set, pick up A from school, etc. How is this easier than going to a restaurant? Obviously we were out of our minds when we planned this. Shit, we still haven't entirely cleared the table of Thanksgiving linens and assorted utensils. Brother is spending the night with us tomorrow night, which calls for some attention to the guest room. I bet he'd like sheets.
     My aim, if I'm feeling up to it, is to help M as much as I can, and possibly do some thinking on that "ideal reader" issue a commenter raised a couple of days ago, and post here later this afternoon. 
     Or maybe a nap.

No comments:

 

Free Hit Counters
Buy.com Promotion Codes